Hello and welcome to our School Council. Our school council is a group of individuals who wish to play a greater role in the operation of the school. If you fit this description, please plan to attend a meeting.
Our council is quite different from elementary school and serves two key purposes:
- 2 way communication for school and parent community
- Direct input to school Principal and Chair for both LHSS and WRAPSC
Meeting Dates 2023-2024
Wednesdays @ 7:00pm
December 6th *New Date*
WRDSB Parent Involvement Council
The Parent Involvement Committee (PIC) of the Waterloo Region District School Board invites parents/guardians of students currently enrolled in a WRDSB school to apply for positions on the WRDSB Parent Involvement Committee. The mandate for the WRDSB Parent Involvement Committee is to:
- Provide information and advice on parent engagement to the Waterloo Region District School Board;
- Communicate with and support school councils of the Board through the Waterloo Region Assembly of Public School Councils (WRAPSC);
- Undertake activities to help parents support their child’s learning at home and at school.
PIC meets at least four times a year to advise the Waterloo Region District School Board on policies and issues of concern to parents, and to make suggestions to schools, School Councils and the Board regarding parent engagement that supports student achievement.