IMPORTANT – VOLUNTEER/COMMUNITY SERVICE UPDATES
- The minimum required community service hours for graduation is back to 40 for the 2022-2023 school year and beyond.
- Effective immediately, all students can earn up to 10 hours of community service from paid employment. You will be required to submit a written reflection via MyWay outlining how your work hours are connected to volunteerism/community service.
- It feels good to get involved in your community.
- You meet other people (network).
- You gain new skills and experiences.
- You need 40 hours to graduate from high school.
- Your volunteer experience may help you when applying for scholarships and/or competitive post-secondary programs.
How to Keep Track of Your Hours
- We are awaiting updates from the WRDSB about how students will submit volunteer hours online (now that MyWay is shut down). Please monitor your CLASS OF Google Classroom for instructions once these are available.
- To help you keep track of your community service, use the Activity Tracking Record – download HERE.
- View the WRDSB Community Involvement Manual HERE.
- Make sure you get the Community Sponsor’s and your parent’s signatures (or get contact info to provide for tracking – phone # and/or email)
- Graduating students should submit their Tracking Record by mid-May of your graduating year to ensure these are posted well ahead of commencement ceremonies.
Visit this page often for updated volunteer and part-time job opportunities in the SJAM community. More information is also available on the bulletin board across from the guidance offices.
VOLUNTEER POSTINGS FOR YOUTH
Your Best Resource to Connect With Local Agencies/Groups for Volunteer Opportunities!
Ads updated weekly – check back regularly