We wish to honour our SJAM alumni athletes and builders for their outstanding contribution or achievement in sport. In recognition of their accomplishments, these individuals will have their image added to an artistic pictorial collage in our SJAM Hall of Fame. When inducted these athletes will be recognized by our school community at our annual athletic banquet.
Any individual or association may submit a nomination. Nominations need to be sent by filling out the information on the nomination form found by clicking the graphic below. A review of all nominations will be completed by an assigned committee and successful nominees will be contacted.
For Induction into the SJAM Hall of Fame, nominees must:
- Have been at Sir John A. Macdonald Secondary School for at least 1 year. Greater consideration will be given to those nominees who have been part of our school community for a longer period of time.
- The nominee must have reached ultimate achievement in sport and performed in a manner to bring special honour and recognition to SJAM
- The nominee must include supporting information for the committee to consider, such as statistical achievements, honours, awards, years of participation, etc. (see attached Nomination Form)
- An Athlete shall be evaluated with respect to his /her contribution to sport at the provincial, international and national levels.
- An athlete will be evaluated on his/or her personal achievements, awards and accomplishments
- An athlete may be evaluated on other meaningful contributions to the school and community through their involvement in sport.
- A Builder directs athletes in a leadership capacity. A Builder is a coach, trainer, manager, official, administrator, volunteer, or facility/program developer.
- A Builder must have served sport for a substantial number of years.
- A Builder will be evaluated on his/her personal achievements, awards and accomplishments.
- A Builder may be evaluated on other meaningful contributions to the school and community through their involvement in sport.