Welcome to the Laurel Heights Future Students Info webpage! To assist our future students and parents with the upcoming transition to high school, we’ve provided some useful information below. Check out resources to get you thinking about future courses, electives, course levels, life as a high school student and more! This includes material typically shared with families during our annual Grade 8 Info Night in December.
GRADE 8 DAY 2022 – JUNE 1ST
Laurel Heights is thrilled to welcome our incoming grade 9 students for our first in-person grade 8 day since 2019! Please see details below – more specific information is coming to your grade 8 schools shortly! We can’t wait to see you!
10:00- 10:30- Feeder School Arrival & Registration
- Leadership students will great grade 8’s in main foyer
- Each grade 8 will be given a sticker with their group colour & number
- Students will proceed to the Auditorium for opening activities
10:30- 12:00- Breakout Sessions
- Rotation #1- Welcome Assembly ‘A day in the life of a … ‘ (Auditorium)
- Jiro Kakpovbia & Audrey Guo: 2021/2022 Co-Primes
- Rotation #2- Icebreakers and Team Building Activities (Outdoors/ Library)
- Rotation #3- School Tour (Main Foyer)
Students will be split up into their number groups
- Leadership Students will lead grade 8’s in a tour to familiarize them with the important locations they will need to know for grade 9.
- Each group will complete a photo scavenger hunt with their group leader.
12:00- 12:30- Closing Ceremonies (Auditorium- all students)
- Q & A
- Kahoot- School Trivia
A huge Laurel Heights thank-you to all the families who joined us for our virtual info sessions on December 9th. As requested, we’ve posted a recorded version of the presentations for anyone who may have missed the sessions or wishes to review the content.
TRANSITION PRESENTATION – DECEMBER 9TH, 2021
GET TO KNOW US PRESENTATION (UPDATED FOR 2022-2023)
HIGHLANDER STUDENT LIFE – HIGHLIGHT VIDEOS